I write like
George Orwell

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

A Turkey's View

Dear Grandma,

I hope this letter finds you still alive, and that you haven’t been stuffed and served for some human’s dinner. As usual, Thanksgiving has been a hectic and nerve wracking time for us. My family and I are all still alive and well. This year we (Dad, Mum, Tom, Tina, and myself) devised a new plan for escaping the clutches of the turkey-killing humans. Instead of just running madly when the humans tried to kill us, we built a hideout deep in the forest among thick undergrowth. We dared not venture far to find food in case the humans saw us and decided we looked tasty. It was quite a strain on our nerves, continually being on the lookout for prowling humans. We had more than one sleepless night because of our fears. There were a few funny incidents though; one time I saw what looked like a rather large duck sitting by himself on the bank of a stream. He looked harmless so I ambled over to have a chat with him, and to my astonishment t was actually a turkey disguised as a duck! His only problem being that he couldn’t swim! The others had a good laugh at this when I related the tale to them afterwards. At last, to our relief, Thanksgiving was over and we were out of danger, for this year at least.
Please write back and let us know how you fared over Thanksgiving.

Love from Tony Turkey.

P.S. If you have been served for dinner, you might want to get one of your friends to reply for you.

4 comments:

Did you write that?

November 22, 2007 at 12:13 PM  

Ha ha, very good Briar! Echoing Julian's question: Did you write that?

November 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM  

I wrote it last year. I thought seeing as it is Thanksgiving Day I might as well post it.

November 23, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

Really, I didn't know that.

November 23, 2007 at 12:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home