Fancy going on a long bike tour? For two and a half years? With ten year old twin boys? That's exactly what the Vogel family are doing.
On June 10, 2008, Dad (John), Mum (Nancy), Daryl (10), Davy (10), and their dog Dash set off from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska. About thirty months and 20,000 miles later they plan to arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina. Upon completion of this journey, Davy and Daryl will be awarded the title of "Youngest Person to Cycle the Pan-American Highway" by Guinness World Records. They are really excited about that one!
This is not the first long-haul ride the boys have done. In June 2007, they arrived home to Idaho after spending twelve months pedaling 9300 miles through nineteen US states and four Mexican states.
Check out more at their website


Matthew said...
Another inspiring story on this blog. :)
July 22, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Anonymous said...
Don't get any ideas.
July 24, 2008 at 2:50 PM
Adam Dawson said...
HahahaheeheeheehohohahaHAHA! You'd get terribly saddlesore!!!
Sorry, I needed that. *sigh* Ahhhhh!
July 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Cherrypie said...
That would be so cool to do!
July 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM
Matthew said...
You wouldn't get tooooo saddlesore with softtail shorts. I think I should do that sometime. . . . . . :) (In less time than them, :-D)
July 28, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Anonymous said...
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but arn't you older that 10years of age? :P
July 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM